Friday, January 14, 2011

Um...ouch.

I'm well into the second week of my training. I'm getting ready for the Woman of Steal Triathlon in American Fork. I was running a few days a week before I started my training, but I'm running every day now, and holy smokes! I can't believe the difference it makes. I'm faster, stronger, and my stamina is way up, however, I have the worst case of shin splints ever known to man or woman. The best way to get rid of them is to stop running for a few weeks. Not an option. I'm a bit frusterated, because I can hardly walk today. I'm hoping a few exercises that I've heard of will help, but I'm a bit worried.

Abby is in the school play this year. Oi. What a great adventure for her, but, dang it, it's a ton of work! They're doing Mulan, Jr. (My mom thought it was Mulan Rouge. In elementry school. haha.) She's really excited. They only allow 5th and 6th graders do the plays, and she's in 4th, but because she takes vocal coaching from the music teacher, she was asked to be in a few of the choruses. I'm so excited for her! She's going to do great! I'm just wondering how we're going to pull off training, play practice, activity days, scouts and the pine wood derby, and the science fair. I'm tapped.

No comments: